December 26, 2011

Beyond Hongkong

"Unbelievable sightsIndescribable feelingSoaring, tumbling, freewheelingThrough an endless diamond sky.."

In the middle of October, my brother saw an online deal in Groupon. It's HK Trip with Disneyland. 
Before that, we are planning to travel in this beautiful place. So we grabbed the deal.
And yes, there's a travel agency behind it and it's Sarap Magbiyahe (SMB) Travel and Tours.
This is our family's first international trip together and first to have a middleman in our trips.
I am the primary contact of our family. So imagine the long email thread we went through before going to HK.
There were lots of downsides since our e-tickets were sent to us 2 days before our trip. OMG! We were skeptical. I was not excited but disappointed and irritated.
Nevertheless, it was a learning experience. I better find a better and more competitive travel agency on my/our next trips.

So after those rants (haha!), come December 17-19, 2011. I filed a leave on the 17th since I have work on Saturdays.

DAY 1: Tired and Sick


Tired eyes, running nose and sore throat, I had these all in the morning of our flight.
But that's not obvious on the pictures! I carried with me my Sony camera "Pinkish" so expect a lot of pictures.

Here's my family with my Dad and big brother holding our boarding pass.
So we flew to HK via Hongkong express. The flight was smooth and I was able to watch "Monte Carlo" while in the air! But I didn't able to finish it since we are now in HK!!!

We met our tour guide named Jacky Leung and we will now go on our hotel. We were supposed to be left behind since my big brother went to the CR but fortunately, we were able to call Jacky and we were saved! hahaha! What-an-experience in the first day in HK!

This is me in downtown, HK.

We had the entire day to roam around the city. We tried to ride in MTR (like MRT in the Phil) and went to Mongkok Place, Ladies' Market to go on shopping!!

I shopped some Christmas gifts and souvenirs. Yes, I was able to manage myself in this freakin' cold day because I bought a bottle of water that was my strength in this sickly travel. Water therapy!!!





So after a long day of shopping, we stopped by in an authentic restaurant. We tried Chinese foods! Hurray!



Then we went to Tsim Sha Tsui to witness its beauty. It was relaxing but I can't forget how cold it was that afternoon! OMG! Thank God, my big sister and I bought each of us a pair of winter hand gloves to  ease the coldness especially me, because I was totally sick!!!



DAY 2: Incredible, Amazing, Unforgettable.


We started our day with buffet breakfast from the Silka Far East hotel. The foods were delicious and there were variety of food selection! There's free internet, too that's why I was able to update my Facebook status and private message my boyfriend!:)

When we were so full, we are ready to go! This is the day for the City tour and Disneyland!! Wooohooo! Thanks to my medicine, Panadol, I'm feeling better this time.



Our first stop is Avenue of the Stars! We had a lot of pictures. This is the exact place we went in the first day (Tsim Sha Tsui).

Then we went to Jewellery Factory. OMG. There were lots of jewels and golds in this place!!

After that, we went to Victoria Peak. My siblings and I jumped shot in this place! woohoo!! We're like kids, huh!

Then to end our City tour, we went to the Aberdeen Fishing village.




We rode the boat in the fishing village. The boat was so colorful and they told us that this place will soon vanish since they will make this a land.

This was the time to rest our feet because our next destination needs extra energy!!!!

We were very excited inside the bus as we are nearing an exciting anticipation: Disneyland!!!!!!











I will tell my Disneyland experience through this pile of photographs:

We were over excited for this event! I though on myself this is the happiest place to be and to go back being a kid! It resembled Enchanted Kingdom (in the Phil) but Disneyland is way different. It arrows my heart, you know!
This is us in the entrance of Disneyland. 

The place was colorful. There were lots of beautiful Christmas decorations and there were lots of people since December is a peak season.
Hey that's Mickey!
After eating in Starliner Diner, we witnessed the joyful Parade of stars starring Mickey and Minnie Mouse. This is the time when I get a hands to my brother's SLR and took a lot of pictures! I'm feeling awesome. The performers, I know, most of them are Filipinos! Their happiness was not only seen but also felt by us, by me!:) Kudos to all of them!
I took a lot of pictures in the Disneyland Parade of Stars!

And then we spotted Tinker Bell and posed with her!:) So cute and lovely!

We lined up to take a picture with Tinker Bell!
Then we went to Toy Story land and rode RC Racer. Together with my 2 big brothers, we waited for two hours for our turn! But you know, it's so worth it! It's like my heart stopped because of this ride! LOL!
I just knew lately that Toy Story land just opened last November! Wow! We're lucky!

Then we rode the Jungle River cruise in Adventureland! It was superb! It was a fun ride! :) We were scared of water and fire. They're real!!!!

We also rode Orbitron in Tomorrowland! Yey! It was a simple and fun ride, good for the kids.

It's a big happy family in Tomorrowland!

Then after that, we ate again in Starliner Diner (becoming our fave,huh) then it's the Fireworks display! OMG!! I cried!!!!!!! The song was superb and I cried because I was too happy!!!:))) Tears of joy!!
Disney in the Stars Fireworks.

"A whole new worldA dazzling place I never knewBut when I'm way up here, it's crystal clearThat now I'm in a whole new world with youNow I'm in a whole new world with you"

The experience is indeed one of best part of my life!!!! I will go back!


DAY 3: Contented.


I told myself I'm now okay. The Day 2 was superb and I can't ask for more. So I spent the day with my sister and my loving parent who were celebrating their 30 years of marriage!:) How great was that!

We went shopping again in the Mongkok and ate Chinese foods! It's so yummy!! While my two big brothers went to Buddha (sorry forgot the name). They tried the cable car and experience some (unreal, i think) snow.





Indeed, my HK experience is an highlight of my 2011. Wait for my next post as I list down significant moments of my life in the year of 2011 and what are my goals and resolutions in the coming year of 2012!


Hurray to a happy and glorious life! :)
Also, Blogged in my Tumblr!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bakit nakadelete po yung mga comment?